- Was living in Ivory Coast when he went on trial with a number of clubs in France.
- Joined Le Mans academy at the U-15 level.
- Following the 2012 Caripost Tournament, signed with Lille OSC.
- He appeared in nine friendly matches and scored two goals for France’s youth team: five matches for the France U-18 and three for the U-19s.
- Ironically played for France against many of his current USA teammates on March 19, 2013 in Clairfontaine. He entered in the 60th minute of France’s 4-0 win.
- Made his debut with the U.S. youth team on March 29 in a 2-1 loss to England’s U-20s. Tall scored the only USA goal.
- On January 8, 2015 Lille loaned him to Red Star.
- Son of Aminita and Madani. Has one sister, Madina, and two brothers: Koressi and Moctar.
- Both parents are from Ivory Coast. Maki and his siblings are all from Washington DC.
- His father worked for the World Bank and so the family has also lived in Senegal, Ivory Coast, and France.
- Is fluent in French and English.
- Grew up a big fan of Italy’s Serie A, and has dozens of Inter Milan jerseys.
- As a kid thought he’d either be an airplane pilot or a Formula 1 race car driver.