- Payne grew up in Amsterdam, Netherlands and from age 8-12 played for youth club Overbos. At age 13 he joined HFC Haarlem’s Academy team. However the 100-year-old club later dissolved and he then joined Zeeburgia.
- In 2013 had trials at Stoke City and FC Groningen and both offered him contracts. Chose to sign with Groningen because of the proximity to his family.
- Made his professional debut on February 22, 2015 in a 3-1 loss to Heerenveen.
- Was called in to The Netherland’s U-18 team camp but did not make any appearances in matches.
- Made his debut with a U.S. Soccer youth team on March 29 in a 2-1 loss to England.
- Son of Petra and Ashton. His brothers are Deron and Devyn.
- Desavio was born in Greenwood, South Carolina but moved with his family to Amsterdam when he was 1.5 years old.
- His father was born in Trinidad and Tobago and moved to the U.S. on a soccer scholarship at Lander University, where as of 2013 was still listed among the top 5 all-time leaders in a number of stats. He scored 51 goals for Landers from 90-93, including a season high 24 in 1990.
- His mother was a softball player in the Netherlands and also went to Landers to play softball. She also later played on Dutch National teams.
- Is fluent in Dutch and English.
- Competed in Judo from age 8-13