- Has been involved in the U.S. Youth National Teams since U14
- Joined U.S. Residency Program in the fall of 2010.
- Member of the USA’s 2011 U-17 team that won the CONCACAF U-17 Championship, though he did not appear in a match.
- Member of the USA’s 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup team in Mexico, starting against the Czech Republic, Uzbekistan and Germany.
- Played for two U.S. Soccer Development Academy clubs, first as a member of Arsenal FC (2011-2012) and then the LA Galaxy Academy (2012-13). Was the leading goal scorer for Arsenal’s U-16s during the 2011-12 campaign with 15 tallies in 17 games.
- After the U17 World Cup, had trials at Club America and Morelia.
- Committed to attend and play at UCLA, but was offered a professional contract by Club Tijuana and signed on May 2, 2013.
- Made his professional debut at Club Tijuana on July 20, 2013, coming on as a sub and providing and assist in a 3-3 tie with Atlas.
- Scored his first professional goal on August 17, 2013 against Monterrey.
- On Aug. 21, 2013, Arriola scored the opening goal of Club Tijuana’s 3-2 victory against Honduran side Victoria in the CONCACAF Champions League.
- Appeared in 13 Club Tijuana first-team matches in 2013 and has featured prominently on Xolo’s Under-20 of late.
- In January, 2015, was one of six players to appear in all six matches for the U-20 Men’s National Team at the 2015 CONCACAF U-20 Championship in Jamaica, scoring the clinching goal against El Salvador on January 24 in a 2-0 that secured the USA’s advancement to the U-20 World Cup.
- Son of Dawn and Arturo. Has a younger brother, also named Arturo.
- Also has a Mexican passport, obtained through his great grandparents who were born in Mexico.
- Fluently speaks English and Spanish, which he taught himself since joining Club Tijuana.
- One of his part-time coaches at his Chula Vista club team was former USMNT forward Herculez Gomez, who later was his teammate at Club Tijuana. Arriola has an autographed Gomez jersey from when Gomez played for the LA Galaxy.
- Attended Mater Dei High School in Sanata Ana, Calif. before joining residency, then finished high school through an online school.
- Played shortstop on his traveling baseball team as a youngster, but ultimately chose to concentrate on soccer.
- Does a routine walk onto field where he holds out his hands and looks up in prayer. Religion and faith are a big part of his life
- Says he can see himself being a motivational speaker at some point.
2011 CONCACAF U-17 Championship: Was on the U.S. roster for CONCACAF Championship, but did not see game time due to a nagging injury … 2011: Was a leader among a team of players born in 1995 that traveled to Montaigu, France, in April … Served as team captain for final match against Uruguay … 2010: Joined Residency Program ahead of the Fall 2010 semester … Played in one match in 2010 against Turkey at the Nike International Friendlies … Before Residency: A member of the U-14 and U-15 Boys’ National Teams … Plays for Development Academy club Arsenal SC … Personal: Lists Steven Gerrard as his favorite player … Kobe Bryant is his favorite athlete … Names his parents as his heroes … Has one younger brother, who looks exactly like him
Campeonato Sub-17 de la CONCACAF 2011: Estuvo en la nómina de EE.UU. para el Campeonato de la CONCACAF, pero no vio tiempo en el torneo debido a una lesión insistente … 2011: Fue un líder entre un equipo de jugadores nacidos en 1995 que viajó a Montaigu, Francia, en abril … Sirvió como el capitán para el partido final contra Uruguay … 2010: Entró en el programa de residentes antes del semestre del otoño del 2010 … Jugó en un partido en el 2010 contra Turquía en los Amistosos Internacionales de Nike … Antes del programa de residentes: Un miembro de la selección de Sub-14 y Sub-15 de EE.UU. … Juega para el club Arsenal SC de la Academia de Desarrollo … Personal: Lista a Steven Gerrard como su jugador favorito … Nombra a sus padres como sus héroes … Tiene un hermano menor, que se parece exactamente a él
In May of 2013, Arriola signed with Club Tijuana. He made his professional league debut with the club on July 20, 2013, assisting an equalizer during Club Tijuana’s 3-3 draw against Atlas. On Aug. 21, 2013, Arriola scored the opening goal of Club Tijuana’s 3-2 victory against Honduran side Victoria in the CONCACAF Champions League.
Arriola has ties to two Development Academy clubs, first as a member of Arsenal FC and then the LA Galaxy Academy during the 2012-13 season. Arriola was the leading goal scorer for Arsenal’s U-16s during the 2011-12 campaign with 15 tallies in 17 games.